A taxpayer who does not hold an address in Japan are required to appoint a tax agent to handle all matters related to taxation on behalf of the taxpayer. We need to submit a notification to tax office having jurisdiction over the area.

This system applies to the following taxes;

National tax:

  • Corporate tax on corporation
  • Individual income tax on individual.

Local tax

  • Inhabitant tax on corporation and individuals
  • Enterprise tax on corporation and individuals
  • Real estate acquisition tax
  • Fixed assets tax
  • Automobile tax
  • City planning tax
  • Special land ownership tax
  • Business establishment tax.